I’ve been thinking a lot ago that I’ve learned this week. Some weeks don’t require thought and some need much more effort. This is one of those weeks where I have to dig deep to find the lessons that are part of my own personal growth.
1. Sometimes lunch is just lunch. There will be more to that later, but there will be days that you think it will be one thing and find a surprise at the end.
2. No one sees the work I do, but I know it has value. For someone who works online and behind the scenes a great deal, finding the people who value my work has been key.
What do I do that you don’t see? I do corporate social media strategy consulting with my key focus being on Pinterest. My brain is awash in data, pretty pictures and snappy blurbs. It’s not all fun and games, as I’m elbow deep in best practices documents for three clients, but I am good at what I do.
3. Nature is a balancing force in my life. I have been craving the outdoors more often than not. Being outside, in nature, keeps me sane.
My family isn’t always too fond of this new discovery. I’m not sure you’d be fond of me waking you up at 5 a.m. to get ready for “Outdoor Adventures with Lisa.”
4. Stephen King is a genius. While I don’t like the horror genre, his way with prose is too irresistible for me not to read his work.
This could also explain why I’m not sleeping. And why number 3 has been a little more heart racing. I also refuse to stay in a bed and breakfast any time soon. My husband thanks you, Mr. King. You’ve saved him a wad of cash and on the days I’ve read your work a little too much, he gets to sleep in on the weekend as there are no outdoor adventures.
5. The Charlotte Observer liked the name of this column so much they’ve decided to host their own “What I’ve Learned” on their website! My friend Michael is writing it and what I’ve read is geared for the Baby Boomer set. But they will be missing out on my quirkiness, which could be a good thing. I’ve been here for a year and will continue to fill the pages with knowledge. Don’t think you’re getting rid of me!