It’s Christmas week and I am thinking about changing my name to “Serenity” as in “Serenity Now!” from Seinfeld. Why would a woman do such a thing?
1. I just found out the email newsletter I have been doing hasn’t been received…by anyone. That is six weeks worth of work. I won’t name companies, but am looking for a new one to handle that end.
2. Christmas baking has yet to commence and I only have oh, 7 different kinds of cookies to bake.
3. Christmas shopping. Done? Who am I kidding, only myself if I were to believe it to be true.
4. Clean house? Umm…nope. It’s clean, but there is stuff to put away, laundry to be done, floors to sweep and God knows what else.
5. Wi-fi? I have none. I am working on that problem as soon as this blog is taken care of. No wi-fi means very cranky tween not having computer access while Mommy works on this blog post from her new desktop.
6. Christmas plans finalized? Nope. Not at all. Still have no idea when my Dad’s side of the family is getting together. Since our relationship is strained at best, they could have already gotten together and “forgotten” to tell me about it. I’m sad, but it happens in the best of families.
So, that is the Merry Madness that is in my home today. However, I am completely ok with it.
Because it’s Christmas and it wouldn’t be Christmas without a little madness, now would it?