Spring in North Carolina hasn’t been very seasonable and after this weekend I’m pretty sure summer has forgotten us. The cold, rainy weather has given me a chance to browse the aisles of my local drugstore in hopes warm weather will return and I’ll feel as summery as I look. Drugstore brands are a great addition when you’re looking to update your summer beauty routine and don’t want to spend a lot of cash. With the ever improving quality of products, you
1. Jergens Natural Glow is my go-to product for turning my very pale skin into a “healthy” tanned visage. The good folks at Jergens have spent a lot of time on their formula so you don’t have to worry about about people noticing the distinctive smell many faux tanners leave.
2. Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Beach Babe. This texturizing sea salt spray has been a staple in my routine for almost a year. I simply spray it in and get amazing waves, separation and texture in my hair. (Disclosure: My hair already has pretty good natural body, so your results may be different than mine.)
3. Essie Nail Polish “in the cab-ana” is the perfect aqua blue to tip your fingers or toes for summer fun. I love pairing it with an orange accent nail.
4. Revlon’s Pacific Coast Collection by Gucci Westman has a bright pop of color for the lips and sultry ocean blues for the eyes. Nothing makes me crave salt water more.
5. Year after year, I rely on Banana Boat’s Aloe After Sun Lotion. It’s been my go-to staple for 20 years and one I’ll continue using as long as they keep making it.
6. Sun protection is very important to me and I spend extra for my skin. My go-to sunscreen year-round is LaRoche-Posay Anthelios 45 Ultra Light Fluid for Face. I have very sensitive skin and this brand doesn’t irritate my face, or more importantly, my eyes.
What are your favorite drugstore beauty buys?